Getting tasty dinner done in a preeti timely manner so you can spend time with your family is so hard these days. The challenge is we want to feed our family something really yummy and healthy meals without breaking the bank. This simple recipe can help you get dinner done in less than an hour and looks and taste like meal from a 5 star restaurant.
Pan-Roasted Chicken with Braised Apple and Cabbaage
- 8 pieces of chicken thigh
- 1/2 Head of shredded cabbage
- 1 sweet tart apple – cored and sliced
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper (I prefer red pepper) – love peppers
- I tsp of Goya Adobo (optional – but a must have for me)
- 1/2 cup of apple cider
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of thyme and 3 tbsp of parsley
- 1 tbsp of olive oil butter – ( I can’t believe it’s not butter is my favorite and it’s DAIRY FREE!!!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large heated skillet pan, combine chicken with seasonings and cook chicken skin side down until brown and crispy (5-7 mins) and flip to the other side for another 2 mins – transfer cooked chicken to a clean plate.
- Add cabbage to skillet, then toss and turn till it wilts (3 mins) then stir in apple cider, Place chicken skin side up in the cabbage mixture and add your sliced apple around the chicken.
- Put skillet in oven and cook until chicken is cooked through-10 to 15 mins. Remove from oven and transfer chicken to a plate. Add the butter and apple cider vinegar to cabbage mixture. Serve cabbage mixture with chicken – dinner is ready.