Don’t throw away that broccoli stem just yet, using this, let’s get dinner done in less than 20 mins…Oh my gosh, this was so delicious and left my kids wanting more. My kids love ramen noodles but are not big fans of veggies, This meal was delish, I combined what they loved with that they are not a fan off to make a more nutritious ramen noodles.
The plus side of this, is that I got them to eat broccoli and cauliflower which they would reject when presented whole. I put this together preeti quickly, in less than 20 mins.
What’s In It?
- 4 Packs of Ramen Noodles
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Head of Cauliflower
- 1/2 Head of Broccoli Stem
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas and Carrot
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Corn
- 1 Medium Sized Onions – Diced
- 2 Cooked Medium Sized Chicken Breast – chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoons of Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Goya Adobo (Use in place of the ramen seasoning packs)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
How to make it?
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil
- While the water is boiling, use a cheese grater or any sort of grater to grate the head of cauliflower and broccoli stem to make at least two cups of broccoli and cauliflower ” – Broliflower rice” – doesn’t it look delicious.
- Empty out the ramen noodles into the pot of boiling water – exclude the seasoning packs that come in package.
- Stir and boil for 3 – 4 mins, noodles should be al dente, empty the pot of al dente noodles into a coriander and rinse out under warm water.
- Add a tablespoon of Olive Oil to wok pan under medium heat, then add the two tablespoons of Olive Oil along with the diced onions and garlic, then add the chopped up chicken breast, broliflower rice, along with the peas, carrots and corn to pan, stir in Goya adobo or the ramen seasoning packs and add the cayenne pepper. Stir and cook for 3 – 5 mins.
- Finally, add in the ramen noodles from the coriander into the wok pan and stir it in.
- Serve and Enjoy