In a pinch for time, no need for that fast food, you can get your kids and family a home cooked meal in a jiffy. This recipe is something you can whip up in less than 20 minutes or less working with 10 ingredients in your kitchen. One thing I love about making my own meals is that I know what’s in there especially because I have a kid with food allergy.
Serving size: 4/5
What’s in it?
- 1/2 Box of Thin Spaghetti
- 1 lb of Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Medium sized Onion – Diced
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper or Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Italian seasoning contains: rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil and garlic.
I always have cooked ground meat (beef/turkey/chicken in the fridge or freezer) – great for at least two weeks.
How to make it?
- See recipe on how to make Ground beef here Ground Beef Recipe
- In a sauce pan, under medium heat, add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil, add diced onions, minced garlic, and add can of crushed tomatoes, then simmer for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning, pepper, and stir in ground beef and let simmer while you prepare the pasta
- Bring 3 quarts of water to boil in pot, add pasta and sea salt and then cook for 6 – 7 minutes – may cook longer if you want your pasta to be more tender. Drain extra fluid from pasta in coriander and add a tbsp of Olive Oil and dried oregano to pasta and mix.
- Once the pasta is done, sauce should be done as well.
- Serve pasta and pour sauce over pasta and enjoy- Yum !!!