I was playing around in the kitchen with leftover zucchini and decided I’ll make this. And oh, and my kid loves it. He always says he never really gets baked goodies because of his dairy allergies so here it is. It’s not the best picture but I guarantee you that this bread taste preeti awesome especially with the added bonus of a lightly crisped crust. I’m not much of a baker so I followed a recipe but substituted some ingredients and added my touch, the preeti touch.
Preeti Zucchini Bread Consists of:
Serving Size : Two Loaves
- 4 Tablespoons of Water
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Cups of Granulated White Sugar – I substituted with 2 Cups of Pure Cane Lite Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups of Grated Unpeeled Zucchini
- 1 Cup of Shaved Almonds
- 1 Cup of Coconut Flakes
- 4 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
Getting it Done:
- Preheat Oven to 350 F and Spray your Loaf Pans with Dairy Free Baking Spray
- Then in the bowl of the stand mixer that has already been fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the water, vegetable oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla extract. Stir in the zucchini, almonds and coconut flakes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt with a wire whisk. Stir these ingredients into the zucchini mix until all has been combine. Pour into the sprayed pans and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until an inserted cake tester(I use a kabob stick) comes out clean when you stick it in the middle of the bread.
Had it as breakfast – warm it up and had it with a cup of Ginger Tea – Delicious…….wish I could give you some but that’s why I’m sharing the recipe so you can make this on your own.