It’s so good, you can’t help but lick your fingers. Get those wet naps handy and get ready to dig in. With super bowl around the corner, this fun hot wings will leave your guests wanting more. As I’m writing this I’m craving it myself…
- 8 lbs of Chicken Wings – approximately 40 Wings
- Lemon Juice – optional to rinse chicken
- 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/4 of Cup of Paprika
- Canola Oil – For Deep Frying – you may opt to do this in the oven.
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 of Cups Chopped Green Peppers & Onions
- 2 Cups of Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 4 Tbsp of Crushes Red Pepper
- Chives -For Garnishing
- In a large bowl, rinse the wings in lemon juice and water – then pour chicken into a large cooking pan (red copper cooking pan)
- Place cooking pan with chicken on the stove under medium heat, add 2 Cups of water, onions, 1 Tbsp of garlic, sea salt and paprika, then stir and cook for 15 minutes – this way you can get some of the flavor into the chicken and make sure the chicken is cooked a little before frying.
- After the cooking, drain any excess water/broth out. Your wings are now ready to be deep fried, in a deep fryer, make sure you have canola oil already heated up to about 350 °F. Once the oil is nice and hot, carefully place the chicken in the deep fryer basket and fry for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Once wings are brown, remove from oil and place in a tray with napkin at the bottom or in basket with napkin at the bottom to drain any excess oil.
- Then prepare sauce in a cooking pan on the stove under medium to low heat by combining olive oil, green peppers, onions, rest of the garlic, Frank’s pepper sauce and crushed peppers.
- Stir sauce and then add wings to sauce
- Thoroughly, mix and stir the wings in the sauce for 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy