Delicious tropical inspired fried rice with vegetables. With Summer around the corner, it’s hard not think about the tropics and all the good food you can be enjoying on the peach.
What makes this so tasty:
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion – Sliced
- 1 Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups of Organic Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Cup of Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 Cup of Stripped Carrots – Love Carrots !!!!
- 2 Cups of Cubed Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Cup of Grated Fresh Coconut or 1 Cup of Coconut Flakes (I used the flakes)
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper- Love the spice !!!
- 2 Cups of Cooked Basmati Rice – Cooked with 1 Cups of Water and 2 Cups of Coconut Water in a Rice Cooker for 15 Minutes – If you used fresh coconut, use the water from the coconut to cook the rice
How to make this tasty meal:
- Bring a medium sized wok to a stove top, using medium heat setting, heat up the coconut and olive oil for 3 mins, then add the onions and garlic.
- Stir in all vegetables, grated coconut and pineapple, add soy sauce, cumin and cayenne pepper and stir thoroughly, the let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked Basmati rice into vegetable mix and stir thoroughly and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ready to Serve and Enjoy !!!!