Can you tell there’s spinach in this dish!!! Probably not, for those with kids or adults that have a limited selection of veggies they eat, check this out – the kids did not realized they ate spinach.
I puréed spinach with diced tomatoes and onions so here it goes.
- 1 Cup of Spinach
- 2 Cups of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Sized Onion
- 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups of Pasta Shells
- 1 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tsp of Crushed Red Peppers
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to prepare
- In a blender, blend spinach, tomatoes and onions, add 1 cup of water.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil and add pasta shells and sea salt to pot and cook for 10 mins.
- Drain extra fluid using a coriander and add back to pot or you can use a pasta pot that has the strainer built in to the lid.-Pick yours up at – Kohl’s or Amazon for just $19.99 – I got mines for $15.99 at Kohl’s.
- Bring pot of pasta to stove under medium heat, add Olive Oil, add corn, mix in spinach mixture and tomato paste, then add all seasonings – minced garlic, Italian seasoning and crushed peppers. Stir all together till it’s thoroughly combined for, the cover the pot and let simmer for 6 – 8 mins.