Made these peas look and taste good and I bet when you taste this, you’ll be saying, can I have more preeti “peas”. I know I’m corny, which is why I added corn to the recipe too. Making recipe is preeti simple, you start rinse out the frozen veggies in warm water to thaw it out and you’re ready to go. Preeti Peas was an awesome quick side steak and Preeti Rockin’ Potato Wedges. So on a serious note, peas may seem like a simple vegetable, it’s said to be packed with great health benefits; it’s low in fat, high in proteins, it’s high in fiber and contains many anti-oxidants, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory nutrients that helps regulate blood sugar, support healthy blood vessels reduce bad cholesterol, and may prevent wrinkles. Source: http://www.realfoodforlife.com/10-health-benefits-of-peas/
What you need:
- 10 oz of Frozen Peas
- 8 oz of Frozen Corn
- 3 Small Sweet Peppers and 1/2 Large Sized Sweet Onions – Chopped – Used my Ninja Express Chop which chops veggies up in like 5 seconds – Bought mines for under $20 at Target. Amazon and Kohl’s also sells it.
- 1 Teaspoon of Roasted Garlic Oil – Olive Oil can be used as an alternative – this roasted Garlic Oil was one of my finds at Marshalls.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper – I don’t know what made think of putting pepper but I did because I love everything spicy.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Seasoned Salt (contains sea salt, garlic, and paprika)
What to do:
- In a medium sized pan with low to medium heat, add garlic oil, peas, corn, peppers, onions, as well as cayenne pepper and seasoned salt. Mix thoroughly and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preeti Peas is now ready to be served with any meal of your choice.