I just threw this together because I went going meatless for a couple of days. I wrapped this preeti blend in lettuce and it was so delicious and had the right amount of flavor, you’d think you were eating chicken lettuce wrap, I also added some of my preeti peas just because I had some left over.
What’s in it:
- 1 Cup of Whole Grain White and Red Quinoa
- 2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Precooked Long Grain Parboiled Brown rice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Rosemary
- 1/2 Of Large Red Bell Pepper- Chopped
- 1/2 of Large Yellow Onion – Chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Peas (Optional)
What to do:
- Bring 2 Cups of water to boil in saucepan, then add Quinoa, Olive Oil, Garlic, Sea Salt, Cayenne Pepper and Precooked Brown Rice. As part of my meal prepping, I precook my brown rice and store for meals during the week – brown rice takes a little longer to cook then regular rice.
- Cook for 15 minutes under medium heat, then fluff with cooking fork, add chopped peppers and onions and optional peas. cover the saucepan for simmer under low heat for 5 minutes or till all the water is dried out.
- Preeti Dish is now ready to be served as a side or inside a lettuce like a lettuce wrap….. hmmmmm goooddd
One thought on “Preeti Garlic Quinoa and Brown Rice Blend – Vegetarian”