This is so delicious-part of my vegetarian meal. It so freaking yummy. I didn’t have any meat for a few days and this Fab Plantains made me feel like I wasn’t missing anything. One of this with a side of my Preeti Garlic Quinoa and Brown Rice or Preeti Bangin’ Jollof Rice makes a beautiful meal, or you can simply eat it by itself.
- With only a few ingredients you got your preeti fab Plantains. By the way, Plantains are so cheap; $1 for 3 large Plantains.
What’s in it? Not much…
- One or Two ripe (yellow) Plantain – depends on how many you want to eat.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of light Olive Oil to brush the plantains.
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt – less than 1/4 a Teaspoon on each plantain.
- Sprinkle of Paprika – less than 1/4 a Teaspoon on each plantain.
What to do…not much either
- Rinse each plantain and peel the skin off.
- Spray oven pan with a little bit of oil and place peeled plantain in pan and brush plantain with olive oil and sprinkle seasonings
- Using my toaster oven which also doubles up as an air fryer, I placed the plantain into toaster oven for 10 mins in air fryer mode under 375°F, check back in 5 mins to turn plantain over. (You can also use a regular oven, which needs to be preheated to 375°F before use).
- Plantain is ready to be served – Yummm