I’m always looking for a fun way to spice up plain meals and working with what you got in your kitchen. So I bought a tray of organic drumstick chicken, worked with the ingredients in my pantry and y. They looked like they are deep fried but they were not, these were air fried and it was golden brown in 15 mins, much healthier than deep frying. This chicken was so good, it had the kids licking their fingers and asking for more.
What’s in it:
- 4 lbs of lemon rinsed chicken drumsticks
- 1 Medium Onion – Sliced
- 1/3 Cup of Cajun Seasoning Mix – Contains Salt, Paprika, Black Pepper, Oregano, Thyme, Cayenne Pepper and Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- More Cayenne Pepper (Optional) – I added 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper because I like it Hot and Spicy.
What to do:
- Clean Chicken thoroughly with lemon and water.
- Put Cleaned Chicken in a large red copper pot, add 8 Cups of Water, add sliced onions, Stir in Cajun seasoning mix, Turmeric and Optional Cayenne Pepper.
- Place Pot on the stovetop with medium heat and cook for 20 minutes, this allows the seasoning to be marinated into the chicken.
- Once the chicken is nice and tender, drain out excess broth and place individual Chicken drumsticks in the foil lined pan, and spray with Olive Oil , then put the pan in the Toaster Air Fryer Oven.
- Turn the oven to the Air Fryer Mode with the temperature at 350ºF and then turn the timer to 15 Minutes.
- Preeti Fine Cajun Chicken Drumettes are now ready to be served.