Another fiery goodness coming your way. As you can tell, I love really spicy and seasoned foods. I made this in two parts, first the chicken then the sauce.
Here’s how I made this but first let me tell you what’s in it:
- 4 lbs of Lemon Rinsed Organic Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 Large Onion – Sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- 2 Tablespoons of Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Oregano
- 1 Teaspoons of Turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons of Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Yes, 4)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Sweet)
- 4 Fresh Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste (This helps thicken the sauce)
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Sweet Peppers (Red)
How To Make:
- Add rinsed Chicken to a medium size pot with 4 Cups of Water, add half of the sliced Onions, Garlic Cloves, 1 Tablespoon of Sea Salt, Oregano, Turmeric, 1 Teaspoon of Parsley, and Cayenne Pepper. Cook for 15 Minutes.
- While the Chicken is cooking, blend Peppers, Tomatoes, and Paste with 1 Cup of Water in a blender, then set aside.
- After the Chicken has cooked for 20 minutes, drain the chicken for excess broth and place Chicken in oven baking pan. Then using my cuisinart toaster oven/air fryer, air fry for 10 minutes with the temperature set at 350°F- I air fry to harden the chicken a bit because cooking it makes it super soft.
- While the Chicken is air frying, make sauce by adding Vegetable Oil to a large saucepan under high heat and let it get really hot. Add the remaining half of the sliced onion and sweet peppers – turn the heat down to medium, then stir in the blended pepper sauce and add 1 Tablespoon of Sea Salt and 1 Teaspoon of Parsley and let it simmer. Then set aside.
- Remove Chicken from the air fryer and add each Chicken Drumstick to the pepper sauce, then take the sauced chicken back out and place in a oven pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Garnish, Serve and Enjoy !!!!