Holy Moly…..this freaking delicious, I kid you not….You have to try this simple Mac and Cheese recipe – this is not your average mac and cheese. Who said dairy free or being vegan was boring …this mac and cheese will have you licking your lips and making lip smacking sounds.. 🙂
- 10 oz (2 cups) of Macaroni Pasta
- 5 cups of water
- 1 Cup of Peas and Carrot
- 1 Cup of Coconut Milk
- 1/3 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups of Shredded Daiya Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cup of Shredded Daiya Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper – Optional
- Bring 5 Cups of Water to Boil in a medium size pot. Then add Macaroni Pasta along with the Peas and Carrots.
- Cook Macaroni Pasta for with peas and carrot for 8 to 10 minutes – al dente
- Drain and side aside.
- Place the used pasta pot on the stove under medium heat, then pour in the coconut milk, coconut oil, and cheeses then stir until all the cheeses have melted and the sauce is creamy, then add pasta and veggies to the sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Stir in Crushed Red Pepper Flakes and add Cayenne Pepper (optional) here then let simmer for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy !!!!! Oh la la !!!!!