Preeti wild about rice, you’ve got to try this rice and quinoa combo on a sweet pepper boat – Try this meatless – vegan friendly boat – great for lunch or dinner. This can be done within 30 minutes.
- 1/2 Cup of Texmati white, brown and wild red rice blend
- 1/2 Cup of Red & White Quinoa
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Parsley
- 1 Goya Vegetable & Salad Seasoning
- 1 Serrano Green Pepper – sliced
- 1 Large Sweet Red Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Green Onions for Garnish
- Bring about 2 Cups of Water to Boil in a medium pot. Add, rice blend and quinoa. Add 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Turmeric, Parsley and Vegetable Seasoning. Stir and Cook for 25 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, gently slice the large sweet red pepper into two halves and clean out the inside from the seeds and then coat the sweet pepper with 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil – Place sweet pepper in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°F
- Then using a fork, fluff gently and then add sliced serrano pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Bring out the slightly roasted pepper boat from the oven and add rice and quinoa blend to your beautifully roasted pepper boat, sprinkle with some cayenne pepper and green onions and enjoy !!!