I’m seriously not bluffing, these cinnamon puff puff are the ishhhhh. These delicious pastry snack is a favorite in Nigerian household and a crowd favorite at Nigerian parties.
- 4 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 4 Teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cup of Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups of Lukewarm Water
- Canola Oil for deep frying.
- In a medium sized oven safe bowl, add flour, yeast, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar and salt all together.
- Add water to the flour mix gradually while melding all ingredients together by hand or whisk until all ingredients have been mixed together thoroughly. The puff puff batter at this point should be a thick consistency. Then seal the bowl with the puff puff batter with clear plastic wrap and with a large kitchen towel.
- Place bowl of puff puff mix in the oven – put oven in the warm setting for 1 hour or leave out and in a warm environment for 2 hours to allow the batter to rise.
- After the batter has risen, you can start to heat up the oil for frying in a deep fryer. After the oil is hot, using a trigger ice-cream scoop, scoop a small amounts of batter and drop into the hot oil, fry for 45 secs and flip continuously using a pick fork – at this point, the puff puff is golden brown. Take the puff puff out and place in pan lined with paper towel to soak off excess oil.
- Serve and Enjoy with your favorite chilled soft drink.