Porridge in Nigeria (Yorubas) is commonly known as Asaro and it’s made with Yam. In this recipe, I substituted Yam with Potatoes and Plantains. Check out this easy recipe made in under 30 minutes.
- 3 Small Yellow Potatoes – peeled and cut
- 1 Ripe Plantain – cut
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1/3 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- Clean, peel and cut potatoes into a small pot and add 2 Cups of water.
- Then peel and cut ripe plantain and add to pot, add a pinch of salt and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add Tomato Paste, Oil, and Garlic Powder, then add Cayenne Pepper and another pinch of dale and then mix thoroughly. The plantain mashes and some of the potatoes may mash too, careful not mash all the potatoes during mixing, then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy !!!