Tasty Cake… this is so delish, it’s dairy free, vegan friendly, gluten free, and keto Friendly now that’s a win win.
Check out Preeti recipe below.
• 2 Cups of Red Honey Beans
• 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
• 3 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
• 2 Garlic Cloves
• 3/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Large Onion.
• 3 Teaspoons of Flavor God Spice Everything Seasoning-So so good !!!!!
• 1-2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt to taste
• 1 lb of Cooked Ground Meat of choice (optional if vegetarian) – I used ground turkey mashed and seasoned with chili peppers, salt, turmeric and paprika.
1. Start by peeling or skinning the beans. Soak the beans in water for 10 minutes, after about 10 minutes, the skin of the beans should start shed a little bit. Place the beans in a blender/food processor, to with some water, just enough to cover it. Pulse the blender for about 5- 6 times to agitate the beans. This process breaks the beans up and separates the skins of the beans from the beans themselves.
2. Transfer the Peeled beans into a bowl. Rinse several times to separate the beans from the skin. Draining the skins with the water with each rinse. The skins should come off easily as the skins are now floating to the top.
3. Once the beans are clean, soak them in water for at least 4 hours or over night.
4. After the beans have soaked, drain the water that they have been soaking in, and rinse the beans one more time.
5. Blend the beans with 1 cup of water, the bell pepper, scotch bonnet peppers, onions, garlic and seasonings.
6. Place the blended beans in a bowl, mix in the oil and salt thoroughly then thin out the mixture with the hot water until it resembles the texture of a light cake batter, then add optional ground meat of choice.
7. You can taste the mixture to adjust for salt – please note that the beans is raw so no large consumption during tasting 😂 😂
8. Prep the aluminum foil sheets by folding each sheet into an envelope with one opening. Fill each envelope with the mixture till it is about 3/4 full, and then top it with a piece of fish.
9. In a deep pot with a properly fitted pot cover, place a sheet of aluminum foil, and pour boiling water into the pot till it is about 1 inch deep. Place the moi moi packages into the pot, on top of the aluminum foil. The hot water should not be more than half way up the moi moi packages. Cover the moi moi packages with a sheet of aluminum foil.
10. Cover the pot, and allow it to steam on low heat for 50 minutes.After 50 minutes, check the the Moi moi. As you would do with a cake, insert a bamboo skewer into the middle of one of the moi moi package, if it comes out clean, moi moi is just about ready for consumption, if it’s still in liquid form, then steam for another 10-15 minutes.
11. Allow the Moi moi to sit for 5 minutes to allow for proper molding then serve warm – FYI moi moi tastes so much better that next day.