Oooooh what sweet buns we have here. These were made my modifying a recipe I saw online. Below is my Preeti spin on Cinnamon bun.
• 2-3/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
• 2 Tablespoons of Granulated White Sugar
• 1 Tablespoon of Brown sugar
• 1 Teaspoon of Salt
• 1 .25-ounce package Baking Yeast
• ½ Cup of Water
• ¼ Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
• 2-1/2 tablespoons of Earth Balance Vegan Butter
• ¼ Cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
• 3 Tablespoons of Earth Balance Vegan Butter
• ¼ Cup of Brown Sugar
• 3 Tablespoons of Ground Cinnamon
• 1 Cup of Confectioners Sugar
• 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
• 2 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Almond Milk
Make the Dough:
1. Set aside ½ cup of flour. In a large bowl, toss 2-1/4 cups flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed.
3. Heat the water, almond milk, and vegan butter together in the microwave until the mixture is very warm. Like a 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
5. Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the applesauce and only enough of the reserved flour to make a soft dough. Dough will be ready when it gently pulls away from the side of the bowl and has an elastic consistency.
6. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for about 3 to 5 minutes. Place it in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for 10 minutes.
Assemble with the Filling:
1. After 10 minutes, roll the dough out in a rectangle using a rolling pin.
3. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it over the butter.
5. Roll up the dough tightly and cut into about 10 even pieces and place in a lightly greased round pan-I placed 5 in each pan.
Rise and Bake:
1. Loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place for 60 and 90 minutes.
2. After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat your oven to 375°F.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cover the rolls with aluminum foil after 15 minutes to avoid heavy browning, if you prefer.
Make the Glaze:
1. Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a medium bowl.
2. Top the cinnamon rolls with glaze right before serving.