You must think I eat pasta everyday or really love pasta. My kids actually really love pasta so I do my best to mix it up each time they ask for pasta. If I’m like any other parent out there, you would understand that when picky eaters say they like something, you feed them just that just to get them to eat. I try to diversify the meal each time so that it doesn’t appear they are eating the same thing. Believe me, a different looking pasta equates to a different meal and as a parent, my goal is create this meal in a short time a meal that’s a delight to their mouths and a treat to their bodies. You can make this with and without the meat.
Serves 6 people
What’s in this delight?
- 3/4 of the content of 16 oz Box of Elbow Macaroni
- 1/4 lb of Cooked Ground Beef (optional – if vegan)
- 1/2 cup of Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1 tsp of Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp of Rosa Maria Adobo Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
How to create this delight…
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil and add elbow macaroni pasta to pot and cook for 8 mins for al dente or 9 mins for firm.
- Drain extra fluid using a coriander and add back to pot or you can use a pasta pot that has the drain built in to the lid. My new 5 QT Pasta red copper pot is awesome.-Pick yours up at – Kohl’s or Amazon for just $19.99 – I got mines for $15.99 at Kohl’s.
- Bring pot of pasta to stove under medium heat, add Olive Oil, add peas and carrots, mix in garlic, Adobo Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, add tomato paste then add ground beef. Stir all together till it’s thoroughly combined for 5 mins, cover the pot and let simmer for 2 mins.
- Macaroni Delight is ready to be served and enjoyed !!!